SUPERVISOR TRANSPORTATION II
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Transportation professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Transportation Supervisor Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
This position reports to the Regional Transportation Manager and is responsible for monitoring the daily driver schedules and deliveries. In addition, the Transportation Supervisor handles driver issues and questions related to compensation, attendance and progressive discipline.
Hours are 6a-4p approximately. Must be flexible to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
•Assists in driver hiring process by screening applications and conducting road tests of driver candidates.
• Performs capacity analysis to determine when rental equipment or temporary drivers are needed.
• Maintains attendance records and notifies Regional Transportation Manager of policy violations.
• Documents hours worked to ensure weekly compensation is accurate.
• Utilizes the Mobilcast/RIC applications to track the route progress of drivers.
• Provides feedback to Routers regarding equipment constraints, delivery windows, and items to be redelivered. Communicates with warehouse management regarding loading issues.
• Functions as a liaison between the customer and Customer Service to help resolve delivery issues. Also serves as liaison between drivers and leasing companies regarding equipment issues.
• Communicates customer profile information to routers to aid in file maintenance updates.
• Generates reports relevant to departure, delivery, equipment usage and mileage variances. Posts results to appropriate Mohawk intranet sites.
• Maintains current driver/equipment database in RoadNet.
• Interfaces with UPS/RoadNet to resolve issues with hand-held Intermec units to include technical questions as well as the tracking of units sent for repair.
• Ensures all captured information from Intermec units is downloaded and captured into databases.
• Conducts hand-held Intermec training for Drivers and Satellite Managers. Ensures correct reason codes are entered and that customer signatures are captured.
• Required to become cross-trained as Router I.
• Performs any function requested by management/supervision.
Knowledge and/or experience with RAIR, AS400, TruckMaster, Roadnet, and Rydesmart are preferred
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Must have held a Class A driver license within the past 10 years.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Basic knowledge of current DOT regulations
Prior experience as a Dispatcher is helpful but not required.
Must have excellent attendance record. Must have verifiable work history with references.
Proficient with basic software applications (Word, Excel) is necessary.
Prior supervisory experience required.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top