SUPERVISOR TRANSPORTATION I
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
This position reports to the Regional Transportation Manager and is responsible for monitoring the daily driver schedules and deliveries. In addition, the Transportation Supervisor handles driver issues and questions related to compensation, attendance and progressive discipline.
- Assists in driver hiring process by screening applications and conducting road tests of driver candidates.
- Performs capacity analysis to determine when rental equipment or temporary drivers are needed.
- Maintains attendance records and notifies Regional Transportation Manager of policy violations.
- Documents hours worked to ensure weekly compensation is accurate.
- Utilizes the Mobilcast/RIC applications to track the route progress of drivers.
- Provides feedback to Routers regarding equipment constraints, delivery windows, and items to be redelivered. Communicates with warehouse management regarding loading issues.
- Functions as a liaison between the customer and Customer Service to help resolve delivery issues. Also serves as liaison between drivers and leasing companies regarding equipment issues.
- Communicates customer profile information to routers to aid in file maintenance updates.
- Generates reports relevant to departure, delivery, equipment usage and mileage variances. Posts results to appropriate Mohawk intranet sites.
- Maintains current driver/equipment database in RoadNet.
- Interfaces with UPS/RoadNet to resolve issues with hand-held Intermec units to include technical questions as well as the tracking of units sent for repair.
- Ensures all captured information from Intermec units is downloaded and captured into databases.
- Conducts hand-held Intermec training for Drivers and Satellite Managers. Ensures correct reason codes are entered and that customer signatures are captured.
- Required to become cross-trained as Router I.
- Performs any function requested by management/supervision.
- Class A driver license within preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Basic knowledge of current DOT regulations.
- Prior experience as a Dispatcher is helpful but not required.
- Must have excellent attendance record. Must have verifiable work history with
Proficient with basic software applications(Word, Excel) is necessary.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Prior supervisory experience required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top