SUPERVISOR PRODUCTION-MULT FX - 12 HR NIGHT SHIFT
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Coordinates resources across one or more shifts to ensure smooth and efficient manufacturing operations while promoting a team environment and continuously improving all production methods while adhering to all safety procedures. Oversees the day-to-day operations of a group of employees. Responsible for training and development of hourly employees, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational polices.
- Supervises the manufacturing functions across one or more shifts, which includes reviewing production orders or schedules to ensure the manufacturing of product(s) is completed and scheduled delivery dates are met.
- Plans and reviews production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent delays.
- Schedules and assigns work to meet production requirements. Utilizes the appropriate personnel based on skill sets.
- Evaluates, develops and ensures appropriate training processes are completed when employees move to different jobs.
- Coaches and develops employees in problem solving, scheduling, equipment problems, training, etc.
- Works with safety committee by attending safety meetings, working on safety projects, supporting safety within the department(s), completing safety surveys, and performing safety training.
- Supports employees in the area of quality assurance. This includes ensuring quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are understood and met within all departments this position supervises.
- Resolves employee relation issues through effective remediation techniques. Utilizes human resources and/or manager to assist in solving unresolved work-related problems.
- Involved in the hiring process for hourly employees. Responsible for employee counseling and disciplinary actions, including recommendations for termination.
- Maintains and adheres to the operational budget for departments supervised.
- Maintains shift reports and records. Verify employees time in KRONOS.
- Work with Supervisors in other departments to coordinate activities.
- Perform other duties as requested by Management.
College degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job.
A min of 3 years' of job specific experience in within the functional area. Experience must include a minimum of 2 years in a lead or senior capacity.
Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases, systems, and other hardware and software.
Proficient using all assigned department machinery and other related equipment and the knowledge and skills required to perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and resolve other basic operating problems.
Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures, and policies.
Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefits and compensations plans and administration guidelines.
Ability to use and apply basic mathematical principles and to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with management, staff, and other internal customers
Ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others
Work environment is a noisy, high traffic production floor. Must be able to walk long distances, climb on machinery, and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching, and stooping may be required. Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top