SUPERVISOR PRODUCTION III - EXTRUSION
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Supervisor Production - Extrusion professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
THE SHIFT HOURS ARE: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
THE SHIFT HOURS ARE: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
The Supervisor of Production plans, organizes, supervises, monitors and improves the day-to-day activities of the extrusion department. Coordinates resources across one or more shifts to ensure smooth and efficient manufacturing operations while promoting a team environment. This job is responsible for continuously improving all production methods while adhering to all safety procedures. Responsible for training and development of hourly employees, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational polices.
You are responsible for supervising the department-specific manufacturing functions across one or more shifts, which includes reviewing production orders and/or schedules to ensure that production requirements within the department are completed according to established production schedules. Resolves operational, process, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and production downtime.
Schedules personnel and assigns work to meet production requirements in an efficient and cost effective manner. Ensures adherence to established priorities for production workflow. Assists with planning, developing and administering departmental procedures, policies and standards, ensures organizational policies and procedures are communicated and practiced. Develops appropriate measures or standards for performance and uses these to monitor, evaluate and continuously improve employees and production. Maintains shift reports and records. Verifies employee hours worked in KRONOS.
Provides consistent and constructive feedback to employees; trains, develops or identifies employee training and resource needs, establishes priorities, monitors the quality and quantity of work performed by the department and the individuals within the department. This includes ensuring quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are communicated, understood and practiced.
- High School Diploma or GED required (college degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job.
- Typically 4+ years of job specific experience within the functional area. Experience must include a minimum of 5 years in a lead or senior capacity.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases, systems, and other hardware and software.
- Proficient using all assigned department machinery and other related equipment and the knowledge and skills required to perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and resolve other basic operating problems.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures, and policies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefits and compensation plans and administration guidelines.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top