SUPERVISOR PRODUCTION III - EXTRUSION - 12 HOUR NIGHTS
This position plans, organizes, supervises, monitors and improves the day-to-day activities of twisting department(s) and coordinates resources across shifts to ensure smooth and efficient manufacturing operations while promoting a team environment.
This is a 12-hour night shift position. Hours are 7pm to 7am
- Assist all BCF Extrusion production processes by diagnosing equipment and processes problems impacting productivity, quality and reliability.
- Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing objectives according to product specifications and Company goals.
- Works under nominal direction relying on general guidelines and limited experience to perform essential duties of the job.
- Determine root cause of production interruptions
- Define best actions to return to normal production
- Document findings
- Recommend corrective actions
- Perform programing as needed in excel to quantify reliability issues.
- Identify production, quality & safety problems and work towards making improvements.
- Work directly with production staff to identify ways to improve the department.
- Facilitate and develop employee teams to work on continuous improvement projects.
- Develop, update and print SOP's to improve productivity, quality, safety and reliability.
- Research “Best Practices" for related activities
- Perform training on SOP's & work on standardization of SOP's.
- Involved with PAC/Infinity QC implementation, training and usage.
- Provide shut down procedures for production lines to follow when the lines was scheduled to go down.
- Develop, Facilitate, set up metrics and perform monthly reports on CIP projects.
- High School Diploma or GED required (college degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job.
- Typically 4+ years of job specific experience within the functional area. Experience must include a minimum of 5 years in a lead or senior capacity.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases, systems, and other hardware and software.
- Proficient using all assigned department machinery and other related equipment and the knowledge and skills required to perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and resolve other basic operating problems.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures, and policies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefits and compensation plans and administration guidelines.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top