SUPERVISOR PRODUCTION III - BENNETTSVILLE, SC - 12 HOUR NIGHT SHIFT
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. P
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Supervises needlepunch department across one or more shifts, which includes reviewing production orders and/or schedules to ensure that production requirements within the department are completed according to established production schedules. Resolves operational, processing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and production downtime.
- Continuously improves all production methods while adhering to all safety procedures. Responsible for training and development of hourly employees, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational polices.
- Schedules personnel and assigns work to meet production requirements in an efficient and cost effective manner. Ensure adherence to established priorities for production workflow. Assists with planning, developing and administering departmental procedures, policies and standards, ensures organization policies and procedures are communicated and practiced. Develops appropriate measures or standards for performance and uses these to monitor, evaluate and continuously improve employees and production. Maintains shift reports and records. Verifies employee hours worked in KRONOS.
- Provides consistent and constructive feedback to employees; trains, develops or identifies employee’s training and resource needs, establishes priorities, monitors the quality and quantity of work performed by the department and the individuals within the department. This includes ensuring quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are communicated, understood and practiced.
- Maintains control of resources to ensure on-going operation of the department within the established budget, productivity and efficiency standards; develops and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to proactively address issues that may potentially impact the quality of the production process or product.
- Works with safety committee by attending safety meetings, working on safety projects, completing safety surveys, performing safety training and ensuring a safe work environment and appropriate employee behavior.
- Involved in the hiring process for assigned employee work group. Responsible for employee counseling and disciplinary actions, including recommendations for termination. Involves Human Resources for assistance in the resolution of employee relation issues through effective remediation techniques.
- Performs other duties as required
- College degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job.
- 6-8 years of job specific experience in within the functional area. Experience must include a minimum of 2 years in a lead or senior capacity.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases, systems, and other hardware and software.
- Proficient using all assigned department machinery and other related equipment and the knowledge and skills required to perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and resolve other basic operating problems.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures, and policies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefits and compensations plans and administration guidelines.
- Ability to use and apply basic mathematical principles and to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with management, staff, and other internal customers.
- Ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
Work environment is a noisy, high traffic production floor. Must be able to walk long distances, climb on machinery, and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching, and stooping may be required. Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Back to top