SUPERVISOR PRODUCTION III - 12 HR NIGHT - SUMMERVILLE EXTRUSION
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Assist all Extrusion manufacturing processes by diagnosing equipment and processes problems impacting productivity, quality and reliability.
- Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing objectives according to product specifications and Company goals.
- Works under nominal direction relying on general guidelines and limited experience to perform essential duties of the job.
- Determine root cause of production interruptions
- Define best actions to return to normal production
- Document findings
- Recommend corrective actions
- Perform programing as needed in excel to quantify reliability issues.
- Identify production, quality & safety problems and work towards making improvements.
- Work directly with production staff to identify ways to improve the department.
- Facilitate and develop employee teams to work on continuous improvement projects.
- Develop, update and print SOP's to improve productivity, quality, safety and reliability.
- Research “Best Practices" for related activities
- Perform training on SOP's & work on standardization of SOP's.
- Involved with PAC/Infinity QC implementation, training and usage.
- Provide shut down procedures for production lines to follow when the lines was scheduled to go down.
- Develop, Facilitate, set up metrics and perform monthly reports on CIP projects.
- Associate degree in mechatronic, mechanical or electronic technology preferred
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within area of specialty.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills to perform calculations, interpret, and adapt known methods or operating concepts to new situations within area of specialty. Must be detail oriented.
- Strong presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management, internal and external business contacts.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve production issues through solution-oriented projects and a corss functional environment.
Back to top