Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Supervisor Production to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Supervisor Production to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
The shift hours vary: 2nd shift = is 3:00-11:00 PM or 4:00 PM -12:00 AM. It is very important that the candidate can work 6 or 7 days weekly. Must be very flexible.
- Facilitate the achievement of production volume and shipping requirements as part of the plant management team.
- Create a learning organization: establish team member training and development plans, coach team members in team work and maintain high performance work systems.
- Uphold plant principles of excellence.
- Promote world class manufacturing.
- Charter and facilitate teams: cross-functional and cross shift.
- Manage the budget for the assigned sequence.
- Support necessary plant operating systems to control and improve the manufacturing process for growth of all shifts.
- Support and facilitate the Continuous Improvement Process to improve all aspects of the business.
- Maintain effective communication throughout the organization.
- Ensures adherence to and facilitate team member training and compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Follows safety procedures, standard operating procedures, and quality policies and regulations.
- Consistently strive to increase knowledge of all sequences in order to manage all areas of the process
- Any other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required. BS in Business or Wood Technology preferred
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing, preferably managing high performance work teams
- Experience in wood manufacturing preferred
- Ability to lead and facilitate teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively up/down/across the organization.
- Ability to use and teach others to use quality tools and problem-solving methodology.
- Strong manufacturing planning skills.
Understanding and experience in a highly participative workplace; understands theory and practice of empowerment and high performance work systems. Able to manage with minimum supervision.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top