SUPERVISOR MATERIAL DISTRIBUTION II - 1st Shift Mon-Fri
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Plans, organizes, supervises, monitors and improves the day-to-day activities of assigned department. Coordinates resources to ensure smooth and efficient operations while promoting a team environment. This job is responsible for continuously improving all distribution methods while adhering to all safety procedures. Responsible for training and development of hourly employees, estimating personnel needs, assigning tasks, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of work, and interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational polices. Performs with limited latitude for independent action within the framework of the job’s primary duties and responsibilities.
1st Shift Monday - Friday (CAD Facility)
- Supervises the department distribution functions, which includes reviewing orders and/or schedules to ensure that activities within the department are completed according to established schedules. Determines work priorities and work assignments required to meet the established schedule, coordinating proper staffing and equipment needs in order to accomplish daily operational objectives in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains necessary inventory of materials and supplies in the work area to satisfy daily operational demands. Facilitates the safety and operation of departmental equipment through verifying inspections, completing work orders, and scheduling maintenance as necessary.
- Directs movement of materials from shipment areas to storage and work areas. Responsible for establishing and implementing procedures to accurately track material flow through assigned areas. Ensures proper inventory procedures are followed to maintain the condition of materials in the storage area. Oversees cycle counts while working with other departments as necessary to correct any inventory errors.
- Provides consistent and constructive feedback to employees; trains, develops or identifies employee’s training and resource needs, establishes priorities, monitors the quality and quantity of work performed by the department and the individuals within the department. This includes ensuring quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are communicated, understood and practiced.
- Provides a safe work environment that meets the guidelines of the Company safety program while achieving the departmental safety goals.
- Perform other duties as required.
EOE Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- High School Diploma or GED required (college degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job. Typically 4+ years of job specific experience within the functional area. Experience must include a minimum of 2 years in a lead or senior capacity.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems
- Proficient using all assigned department machinery and other related equipment and the knowledge and skills required to perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and other basic mechanical and operating problems.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefits and compensations plans and administration guidelin
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top