SUPERVISOR CUT ORDER II
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
The Supervisor - Cut Order II plans, organizes, supervises, monitors and improves the day-to-day activities of the cut order process. Coordinates resources to ensure smooth and efficient operations while promoting a team environment. This job is responsible for continuously improving all methods related to the cut order function. Responsible for training and development of hourly employees, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational polices. Performs with limited latitude for independent action within the framework of the job’s primary duties and responsibilities.
- Supervises the cut order process, including reviewing orders and/or schedules to ensure that activities within the department are completed according to established schedules. Determines work priorities and work assignments required to meet the established schedule, coordinating proper staffing and equipment needs in order to accomplish daily operational objectives in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Observes cutting operations to ensure even flow of materials and to proactively detect operational issues that may contribute to slowed productivity or operational inefficiencies. Oversees the sorting of cut material for ease of packaging, further processing, or shipping. Monitors team members, which usually includes machine operators, materials handlers, lift truck operators, and general maintenance personnel to reinforce proper procedures with the goal of improving and maintaining cost control, productivity, quality, and safety standards.
- Oversees departmental functions to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and condition of materials in shipments and storage areas. This includes damage free shipments and ease of unloading at the customers’ location. Monitors and reports all damaged products as necessary.
- Compiles data concerning amount and type of cut materials from duties performed, including weight, length, width, and total production data. Prepares weekly and monthly reports in order to monitor cost and maintain operational efficiencies in the assigned areas.
- Provides consistent and constructive feedback to employees; trains, develops or identifies employee’s training and resource needs, establishes priorities, monitors the quality and quantity of work performed by the department and the individuals within the department. This includes ensuring quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are communicated, understood and practiced.
- Provide a safe work environment that meets the guidelines of the Company safety program while achieving the departmental safety goals.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required (college degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job. Typically 4+ years of job specific experience within the functional area. Experience must include a minimum of 2 years in a lead or senior capacity.Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems
- Proficient using all assigned department machinery and other related equipment and the knowledge and skills required to perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and other basic mechanical and operating problems.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefits and compensations plans and administration guidelines.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top