STRATEGIC ACCOUNTS MANAGER - RETAIL -NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
This role is primarily a business development one, focused on new account acquisition and the pursuit of major and global accounts that involve long term engagement. The SAM - RETAIL- must create and implement both long and short-term sales objectives that will meet the needs of the customer, increase market share and maximize sales potential. An account is determined to be strategic when it is important to the district, region and company.
• To pursue major account prospects by collaboratively working with all Strategic Account Managers to map and pursue account opportunities regionally, nationally and globally. Target, engage and convert into accounts, assigned Fortune 1000 companies, and major RETAIl chains.
• To engage and convert these opportunities into active accounts, owning the conversion process throughout the lifecycle. Address client concerns and ensure the resolution of issues in a timely manner, with follow-up when appropriate. Manage and own all RFI’s RFP’s and account requests, ensuring all deadlines are met and TMG is proactive in responding.
• Collaboratively develop strategic account plans with RVP’s and Account Executives, relying on the Directors for their expertise by segment. Ensure all internal resources are applied to major opportunities including soliciting executive sponsorship where appropriate.
• Engage pre-qualified prospects and existing customers in order to achieve TMG goals. Look for opportunities for organic growth within existing accounts and opportunity to leverage all Mohawk products. With AE’s and RVP’s, audit existing account to determine if any are at risk and in need of direct support and involvement. Champion key account business plan to secure, retain and grow accounts in the assigned SAM geography.
• Help AE’s become stronger strategic business planners and executors. Support the AE’s at all levels including: Presentations, Sales Strategies, Target Clients, and Links to internal resources.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
• Four-year college degree in a related discipline preferred.
• 5 years of progressively responsible job specific work experience in an environment of comparable size and diversity. Or, an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
• Strong leadership skills. Can resolve conflict and confront tough issues. Serve as a strategic coach and teacher.
• Must be a collaborative team builder and team player as well as a solution provider and team resource.
• Must possess strategic thinking / analytical skills. Strong problem solving and attention to detail skills.
• Excellent communication skills. Be a solid presenter, a proven and competent closer, an effective negotiator and have the ability to solve problems creatively and independently working well with various team members across different departments.
• Must be organized and structured. Possess the ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues/projects at one time and communicate status and resolution effectively and in a timely manner.
• Must maintain focus and composure with frequent interruptions. And have the capacity to work in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
• Must be IT literate with regard to social networking, web research and use of CRM and be competent with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Back to top