SR SAFETY SPECIALIST
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Safety Specialist with experience in a MANUFACTURING setting to provide support in implementing and maintaining the organization’s safety policies and programs. Coordinates, delivers, and maintains records on safety training to promote an accident free workplace. Conducts plant audits and implements safety policies and programs to maintain compliance to local, state, and federal law. Performs with limited latitude for independent action within the framework of the job’s primary duties and responsibilities. This position requires 60-70% travel.
- Provides ongoing instruction of OSHA required safety disciplines to ensure employees have essential safety instructions before being placed in a hazardous job environment. Coordinates all other annual or recurring safety training requirements. Schedules training sessions to ensure all employees within the assigned area have current safety training as required by law and Company guidelines. Presents training in a variety of multi-media forms. Maintains accurate and up-to-date employee training records.
- Reviews and updates Job Safety Analysis documents to identify and avoid work-related hazards by outlining specific work procedures required to perform each job safely and effectively. May also prepare department specific reports or maintain and update safety specific documents such as procedures manuals, material safety data sheets, etc.
- Conducts safety audits across multiple facilities throughout the division to identify and correct unsafe conditions and unsafe acts. Monitors employee behavior within the assigned area and recommends remedial safety instructions as necessary to reduce workplace injuries and to improve regulatory compliance.
- Participates in accident and incident investigations using photographs, employee interviews, and other relevant sources to determine root causes of an event. Writes detailed summaries and recommendations regarding corrective actions necessary to prevent additional accidents. Performs follow-up on remediation as needed.
- Communicates on a regular basis with Corporate Safety department and other safety personnel to promote consistency in the application of safety policies and programs throughout the Company, also sharing safety related concerns.
- Leads or participates in division projects addressing safety issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, and a minimum of 6 years job specific work experience within the functional area.
Safety training and/or certificates as required by regulatory agencies and/or Company guidelines.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top