SR SAFETY SPECIALIST
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sales Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Provides support in implementing and maintaining the organization’s safety policies and programs. Coordinates, delivers, and maintains records on safety training to promote an accident free workplace. Conducts plant audits and implements safety policies and programs to maintain compliance to local, state, and federal law. Performs with limited latitude for independent action within the framework of the job’s primary duties and responsibilities.
- Provides ongoing instruction of OSHA required safety disciplines to ensure employees have essential safety instructions before being placed in a hazardous job environment. Coordinates all other annual or recurring safety training requirements. Schedules training sessions to ensure all employees within the assigned area have current safety training as required by law and Company guidelines. Presents training in a variety of multi-media forms. Maintains accurate and up-to-date employee training records.
- Reviews and updates Job Safety Analysis documents to identify and avoid work-related hazards by outlining specific work procedures required to perform each job safely and effectively. May also prepare department specific reports or maintain and update safety specific documents such as procedures manuals, material safety data sheets, etc.
- Conducts safety audits across multiple facilities throughout the division to identify and correct unsafe conditions and unsafe acts. Monitors employee behavior within the assigned area and recommends remedial safety instructions as necessary to reduce workplace injuries and to improve regulatory compliance.
- Participates in accident and incident investigations using photographs, employee interviews, and other relevant sources to determine root causes of an event. Writes detailed summaries and recommendations regarding corrective actions necessary to prevent additional accidents. Performs follow-up on remediation as needed.
- Communicates on a regular basis with Corporate Safety department and other safety personnel to promote consistency in the application of safety policies and programs throughout the Company, also sharing safety related concerns.
- Leads or participates in division projects addressing safety issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, and a minimum of 6 years job specific work experience within the functional area.
Safety training and/or certificates as required by regulatory agencies and/or Company guidelines.
- Good oral, written, presentation, interpersonal communication, and team facilitation skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees including management and internal and external customers.
- Ability to present information accurately and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to anticipate problem areas and implement effective solutions before problems occur.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA safety disciplines, other regulatory guidelines, Company specific safety policies and procedures, and common industrial safety practices.
- Proficient using a PC to include Microsoft Office Suite and other department specific hardware, software, and equipment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top