SR. REGIONAL ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - DANVILLE, VA - ENGINEERING GROUP
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. P
**This position will be based at our facility in Danville, VA, but will be part of a crew that will travel to other facilities within a 4 hour radius of Danville, VA. Some assignments will require overnight stays in which method of travel, lodging, and meals will be provided by the company.*
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Sr. Regional Electrical Engineering Technician is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of electrical automation and control technology in the manufacturing process throughout the entire company.
- Installs programmable automation controllers including Programmable Logic Controllers as well as other automation equipment.
- Installs and develops applications for Human Machine Interface
- Installs variable frequency drives in stand-alone applications as well as integrating into existing systems
- Installs new equipment and integrates into existing control systems using standard communication protocol
- Develops project documentation including CAD drawings and technical specifications
- Supports manufacturing process by providing technical support for manufacturing operations. This includes troubleshooting process control equipment and board level instrumentation
- Installs and calibrates field instrumentation including RTDs, thermocouples, flow meters, and pressure transducers
- Associate’s degree or its equivalency in electrical technology from accredited school or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and experience to perform the essential functions of the job
- Demonstrated proficiency in process automation.
- Five or more years recent experience in repairing, maintaining and installing electrical equipment, systems or application
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and publications
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, CAD, ladder logic software, HMI development software and other systems. In-depth knowledge electrical code, most effective technology, and proficient using all applicable tools and equipment
- Ability read and understand technical documents and instructions such as blue prints, electrical schematics, ladder logic programming, troubleshooting and repair manuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and to be reached by phone, 7days/week, 24 hours/day
- Must be able to move oneself freely throughout a manufacturing facility
- Must be able to Climb to a height of 120 feet
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, kneel, and assume awkward positions as is dictated by worksite
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift plant equipment weighing in excess of 100 pounds
- Must have the ability to read and write in Basic English
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customer and to build effective working relationship with diverse work groups
- Must be able to use standard electrical test equipment
- Proficient in performing basic math calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, including fractions and decimals
Back to top