SR PROGRAM MANAGER
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best SR. PROGRAM MANAGER professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performers to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Directs multiple strategic long-range and highly complex programs and projects. These programs and projects may span the organization, crossing business unit boundaries and/or functional areas. Program scope includes high dollar and high-risk, external vendors, multiple business units, multiple internal executive shareholders and business partners, multiple project managers and sub-projects with specific deliverables. Operates in a matrix environment with accountability to the business units and IS support teams. Directs development of project plans, and directs and coordinates activities to ensure that goals or objectives of programs and projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. This includes but is not limited to: directing all aspects of requirements, design development, implementation and testing of assigned projects. Actively involved in business operations planning and decision-making at the organization and/or division level. Reports to the Sr. Director of Project Management. May direct subordinate staff or project teams or hold indirect reporting relationships.
- Directs, plans, and coordinates activities of department technology projects and project managers to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters; has overall planning, directing, designing, and coordinating oversight pertaining to strategic and highly complex technology projects for the business unit(s). Ensures that project goals are accomplished and aligned with business objectives; responsible for directing the team that develops and carries out internal IS projects; monitors project activities ensuring currency, quality, and integrity of the information, providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise
- Confers with Relationship Managers, business unit partners, process owners, the user community and technologists to translate generalized and customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategic and tactical plans to determine how technology might assist in addressing business needs and how to leverage applications for competitive advantage. Directs the development of proposals or requests for proposals; develops detailed project plans and project milestones, technical status, and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule. Resolves political, resource, budgeting, change, and legal issues affecting the project/projects; works closely with the program/project sponsor and steering committees ( where applicable ) to facilitate decisions necessary for program delivery.
- Leads and mentors a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs, partly by capitalizing on emerging technologies and partly by adapting technologies to the needs of the customer. Provides directions to include staff development and training, budget management, feasibility studies, delegation, project and resources control, teamwork coordination and project team constructive feedback as it pertains to individual, project or overall program performance. Maintains effective, productive and professional working relationship with internal and external customers, third party vendors, project management office, relationship managers, and governance organizations in accomplishing project objectives.
- Proactively reviews and interprets performance against operating plans and standards; provides information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; presents reports on project performance, changes, enhancements, scope variations, and other related matters and/or participates in key management activities and committees advising project sponsors or senior management accordingly.
- Develops, documents and maintains best practices, project standards, procedures, application, quality objectives and “lessons learned” including metrics for assessing progress. Develops and delivers training on and emphasizes the use of established project standards, methodology and quality objectives; proactively seeks opportunities to apply technology to expanding business potential, thereby strongly impacting competitive advantage and profitability.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus. MBA preferred or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or Masters Degree Certification in Project Management required
- 10+ years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement.
Experience must include:
- 5+ years in a supervisory/managerial capacity leading diverse and cross functional work groups/teams, and
- 6+ years of strategic consulting and senior level project management experience in a complex business environment involving multiple diverse business issues in an organization of comparable size and scope
- Broad based information systems, technical management or business experience in a dynamic high-technology environment
- Proficient using PC, Internet and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Project 98, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of software development projects, Information Technology practices and methods.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport; persuades others and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, the desire and capability of motivating and directing the activities of others, including a persistence and willingness to take calculated risks and to stimulate new ideas within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas and the ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Organizational ability to redirect skills to support new technologies while maintaining current commitments; ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Consistently proven ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development.
Associates Supervised: May have direct and/or indirect reports to include other project managers.
Normal office environment
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top