SR PROCESS ENGINEER - WOOD PRODUCTS
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Serve as the process owner for assigned manufacturing area. Work with the production team to improve output and quality. Realize cost savings through innovation. Develop and implement R & D solutions into production. Solve complex production challenges.
- Works with the production team to reduce scrap and increase output.
- Identifies and implements cost savings initiatives.
- Researches problems, develops solutions, and executes the implementation of those solutions.
- Analyzes, adapts, and recommends potential change of course as problems surface, or opportunities emerge.
- Ensures transfer of process knowledge to production employees.
- Travels to other manufacturing locations as needed to provide process support.
- Serves as the ultimate process technology expert and shares the knowledge. Maintains detailed overview of entire process.
- Identifies, solves, and communicates quality issues.
- Communicates effectively with all team members in the plant (forklift drivers, operators, technicians, managers, etc.)
- May provide supervision to other staff members.
- Develops and implements product and process R&D projects as required.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in electrical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant field, OR significant experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of production process metrics and quality control principles.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved.
- 5-10 years’ experience in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated hands on process ownership.
- Lean and Six Sigma tools experience desirable
- Technology and automation minded, with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes, and tools.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Possess an exceptional attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to integrate well and adapt to cultural differences
Back to top