SR PROCESS ENGINEER
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sr Process Engineers to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sr. Process Engineers to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
- Leads the development and implementation of production/processing methods and controls in accordance with quality and safety standards in the most cost effective manner. Works directly with manufacturing management teams to assess business need and determine appropriate courses of action in the area of manufacturing technology requirements and/or modifications, product and process quality standards, cost control initiatives, production automation, etc.; Has critical project technical leadership responsibility for key division manufacturing projects and/or initiatives that ranges from medium to high scope of complexity and diversity, requiring a high degree of technical and professional competence. Directs the efforts of project and work teams to accomplish related task and assignments.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems, requiring independent judgment creativity and ingenuity to solve. Responsible for all facets of solution implementation relative to designing, developing, planning, and executing improvements to manufacturing processes. Thorough review of process systems, machine design, control technology selection and automation. Performs work with limited management direction.
- Responsible for developing, documenting and communicating manufacturing processes; continually monitor and revise processes to generate cost savings, and improve quality and efficiency. Ensures that quality functions are incorporated into the process to provide the means of consistently producing quality products.
- Accountable for the timely response to manufacturing difficulties, to troubleshoot possible causes and coordinate activities of maintenance, contractors, production and other available resources to implement cost effective solutions, scrap/waste reduction, downtime, etc; anticipates possible manufacturing problems and administers corrective action beforehand.
- Responsible for new process development from concept, to development, implementation, testing and performance assessment; responsible for project/initiative business case justification, manufacturing feasibility and evaluating necessary capital expenditure and cost benefit analysis.
- Works with manufacturing and quality management teams to evaluate vendor capability to provide required products, services, raw materials, supplies, etc.; stays abreast of industry and technology trends and best practices; identifies new vendor processes that may provided value and better efficiencies to manufacturing processes, conducts test to qualify new processes and ingredients for our products.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related discipline.
- 8+ years of job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement in an organization of comparable size and diversity. Experience must include demonstrated experience developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex manufacturing business issues/problems (Similar industry preferred)
- ISO 9000 knowledge and competence
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, which included project leadership in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Demonstrated experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement involving broad-based manufacturing systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change. Advanced knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean or similar methodology, training and experience required. Related certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working with automated process controls. Experience with advanced control techniques such as Dynamic Matrix Control, Model Predictive Control or similar techniques preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top