Sr Planning Analyst
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Manages the planning and establishment of production schedules, monitoring of materials inventories, and tracking progress of production. Reviews all factors that affect productions schedules, adjusting departmental policies and processes as necessary to meet the operational demands and competitive needs of the Company. Performs with latitude for independent action within the framework of the job’s primary duties and responsibilities with scope across the department.
- Establishes priorities and monitors the quality and quantity of work performed by the department and the individuals within the department. This includes ensuring all requirements and procedures for the department are communicated, understood, and practiced.
- Manages the planning and establishment of production schedules, monitoring of materials inventories, tracking of progress of production. Reviews factors that affect productions schedules, adjusting departmental processes as necessary to meet operational demands and enhance service to customers with “on-time deliveries.”
- Manages unit performance in a manner that meets and continually improves on established objectives. Establishes forecasted operating schedules and inventory projections based on the sales forecasts. Manages backorders, current, and future capacities in accordance with Company goals to minimize interruptions to production schedules through implementing effective materials management and scheduling practices. Develops and implements plans for leveling production activities across departments to obtain an optimal level of machine utilization. Tracks service levels and works to enhance “on-time” deliveries by expediting revisions and late orders. Participates on cross-functional teams as a manufacturing resource for the purpose of scheduling new product introductions.
- Documents current processes and recommends changes to senior management to meet goals for improving service, cost, and efficiencies. Assist senior management in developing long-range planning of initiatives for the Production Planning group, which may include continuously evaluating the needs, capacities, expenses, etc. to meet the Company’s goals.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Four year college degree in a related discipline
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible job specific work experience
- 1-3 years in a leadership or supervisory role in an environment of comparable size and diversity
- OR an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s vision, mission, organizational and functional operating structure, products, and administrative procedures and policies.
- Strong knowledge of the Company’s manufacturing systems and processes.
- Strong knowledge of company brands and product specifications.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively inter act with Senior Management and internal customers. Ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade, and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions. Ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office Package, internet, and internal Company hardware and software. Accurate typing and data entry skills required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top