SR MANAGER PRODUCTION - EXTRUSION
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Bennettsville, SC Facility
- Assists plant manager to establish operational objectives such as production goals, direct and indirect labor, other fixed and variable cost; manages yarn production operations, communicates and delegates related goals and assignments to subordinate managers and/or work teams. Works with facility support organizations to ensure product quality and achieve production goals and deadlines.
- Assists plant management teams and direct reports in staying informed of all production, quality control, safety and personnel activities; proactively identifies potential issues and recommends action for prompt and effective resolution to ensure quantity and quality of products, optimum efficiency and utilization of resources, a skilled and motivated workforce, maximum customer satisfaction and fixed and variable cost control. Using established measures, monitors department(s) performance against standards and advises plant manager of deviations from objectives and effectively recommends and takes corrective action.
- Assists senior plant management to plan, develop and control budgets, to ensure the cost effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers. Actively participates on short and long-term strategic planning meetings and projects addressing issues related to labor, manufacturing process and material requirements based on forecasts of product demand, technology changes, changes in productivity, supplier capacity, industry trends, performance measures, goals and results, etc. Leads or actively participates on division projects, this includes but is not limited to: developing project plans, directing and coordinating activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters; managing all aspects of requirements, design, development, implementation and testing of assigned projects.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, technology changes and “best practices”, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing, proactively identifying opportunities to enhance production technology, process flows, operating and tactical plans to improve efficiency, product quality and manage cost
- Performs other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Graduate degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job. 10+years of progressively responsible job specific experience that includes:
- PRefer experience working in a yarn manufacturing environment overseeing multiple production functions simultaneously
- Minimum of 8 years in a leadership/management role in an environment of comparable size and diversity.
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- Lean Manufacturing training and experience preferred
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefits, compensation plans, and administrative guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of product development life cycle, dynamics of manufacturing environments, operational and tactical plans, processes, and techniques.
- In-depth understanding of and advocates for OSHA and other Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory guidelines, practices and reporting requirements that a safe, efficient and effective work environment.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
Work environment is a high-traffic production floor, which may include hazardous conditions caused by noise, exposure to heat, risk of shock, and airborne particles. Must be able to walk long distances, climb on machinery, and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching, and stooping may be required. Must be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. May be required to work a flexible schedule including evening and night shifts, weekends, holidays and on-call emergencies.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top