Sr Manager of Purchasing - Raw Materials
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We’re redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive. If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions; while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
As our Director of Purchasing you'll be developing and implementing raw material sourcing strategies and negotiating with our suppliers to ensure the best quality, cost delivery and service. If you are a difference maker with expertise in commodity sourcing management in a large scale manufacturing environment then this is the opportunity for you.
Specifically, the Director of Purchasing will:
- Develop and implement raw material sourcing strategy. Create a peer review system to evaluate sourcing strategies that utilize negotiation and purchasing techniques ensuring the very best quality, cost, delivery, and service.
- Manages supplier relations and supply agreement compliance while maintaining highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Oversees cradle-to-grave process from intent to purchase, new supplier on-boarding, performance, and supplier exit. Tracks supplier performance using dashboards for quality, delivery, service and cost.
- Achieve departmental objectives by measurement of KPI’s. Deliver aggressive year-over year cost down objectives. Update and track continuous improvement projects for the Sourcing function on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Supply Chain prices for key raw materials on a weekly basis.
- Develop monthly PPV analysis in support Flooring N.A. businesses.
- Responsible for forecasting raw material cost and consumption-aided by Planning.
- Continuously analyze market and delivery conditions to ensure present and future material availability.
- Work with Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D and PD to develop product specifications and source substitute and new materials.
- Develop and maintain a positive team dynamic to ensure collaboration and high performance
The ideal candidate has expertise in commodity sourcing management (petro-chemicals a plus) as well as other business functions in a large scale manufacturing environment. The professional has 4-10 years sourcing experience with at least 2 years at the management level. The candidate must demonstrate well-rounded business acumen, ability to develop people and not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have the following;
- Expertise in world class procurement operations and migration there to. Capable of driving change while maintaining positive internal relations.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted purchasing practices, contract negotiation, related laws and regulations.
- Work flow and process optimization skills.
- Supplier scorecard techniques that drive vendor management
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Passion for results, strategy, and execution.
- Creative, calculated risk taker.
- Track record of project leadership including partnership/team building with Operations, R&D, PD, S&M, Engineering and Finance.
- Compliance systems with stakeholder endorsement.
- Experience in matrix environments.
- ERP system design, deployment and use for P2P function in leadership role preferred.
- Petrochemical purchasing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of international trade, including logistics, tariffs, etc.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Chemistry or Engineering
- NAPM or C.P.M./CPSM certification desired
- Certificates in Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, TQM, and VAVE a plus
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top