SR MANAGER ACCOUNTING
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge - allowing you to focus on Accounting.
This position is responsible for executing the accounting, finance and reporting functions of the Company’s consolidated financial statements. Will use independence and judgment to recognize and resolve problems within established policies and procedures and is accountable for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of own work.
- Execution of the worldwide month-end close, corporate consolidations, general ledger maintenance and generation of financial statements.
- Maintaining the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and internal controls, including financial reporting, external reporting, external audit, and SOX compliance.
- Coordinate, direct, plan, and execute the financial reporting component of the external audit.
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting, including review of monthly activity prepared by staff accountants and review of consolidation, intercompany reconciliations and eliminations.
- S. GAAP compliance and other regulations by monitoring changes and assisting in the implementation of required internal procedures to comply with authoritative guidance.
- Management of accounting function through acquisitions, including purchase accounting, conversion of accounting systems, and integration of accounting processes and reporting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly fluctuation analysis of operating results.
- Prepare monthly statement of Cash Flows.
- Four- year Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance discipline
- CPA required
- Five to seven (5-7) years accounting experience with progressively increased responsibility and complexity of which 2+ years were in a management role, (preferably audit experience in public accounting).
- Strong technical accounting skills. Ability to research accounting issues using appropriate guidance, recommend appropriate accounting and write memos to support conclusions in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience in multi-entity international environment
- Ability to interpret and analyze commonly used financial reports including company financial statements, variance reports, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency using HFM
- Proficiency using department database systems such as JD Edwards, AS400, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interact with and make presentations to senior executives, regulatory agencies, and other internal and external customers. Ability to exercise good judgment and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret and adapt known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems in a high pressure environment and/or crisis
- Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions.
- Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
Current staff of 3 – manager, accountant, and clerk
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top