SR FINANCIAL ANALYST I
Are you looking for an opportunity to drive positive change and improve the employee experience through communications? Mohawk Industries is seeking highly motivated creative professionals to join the company’s award-winning Corporate Communications team in a mid to senior level position. In this role, you will partner with internal areas -- including our manufacturing, logistics, sales, administrative and technical groups -- to enhance engagement, facilitate successful change management and ensure a focus on the company’s core strategies. If you’re interested in a challenging and rewarding role with a dynamic team, go to mohawkcareers.com to apply today!
This position provides comprehensive reporting and financial analysis related to manufacturing costs and product cost standards. Responsible for the preparation and analysis of cost reports and cost center spending analysis. Analyzes spending variances and esnures cost data is allocated correctly.
- Works closely with Purchasing, Inventory Control, Manufacturing, and Engineering to implement the appropriate policies and procedures to capture and account for the Cost of Goods (COGS), standard costs and variable operating costs.
- Responsible for analyzing and releasing standard cost for all locations.
- Leads labor and overhead standards setting, maintenance and tracking.
- Prepares, analyzes and tracks monthly excess and obsolete reserves and Lower of Cost or Market analysis.
- Maintains and reconciles inventory general ledger and sub ledger accounts.
- Prepares on-going general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for expense tracking and budget to expense variance analysis for multiple cost centers.
- Supports monthly manufacturing closing process.
- Prepares support schedules for external auditors and general ledger account roll forwards.
- Participates in and verifies physical inventory counts.
- Prepares and responds to ad-hoc Financial Planning and Analysis requests related to Cost
- Participates in special projects as needed, providing support for all plants as required.
- Assists with Sarbanes Oxley documentation, reporting and testing.
- Establishes, maintains and reports data based on regulatory requirements, GAAP and best practices.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
Strong knowledge of manufacturing process flows; GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, bill of materials, standard costing processes, business acumen.
3 – 5 years experience in cost accounting and data integrity positions.
Strong computer skills, time management, critical thinking, active listening,
Effective oral and written communications, high degree of accuracy and data entry speed, deductive reasoning, multi-tasking.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top