Sr. Financial Accounting Clerk
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Accounting Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performin professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
With minimum supervision this person must be capable of performing accounting duties of moderate difficulty including journal entries, account reconciliations, transaction research, and management reporting. Must partner with other departments (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Tax, etc.) in order to resolve account reconciliation issues. Prepares backup and documentation for external auditors.
• Prepare and enter monthly journal entries.
• Prepare general ledger account reconciliations for roughly 80 accounts. Many accounts are heavy in transactions requiring meticulous attention to detail in order resolve problems.
• Prepares cost center reports and other management reporting documents. Identifies significant fluctuations in cost center expenses and researches root causes.
• Works with banks and IT to insure reconciliation downloads and tools are properly functioning.
• Performs system administrator duties for Virtual Premise (Lease Accounting system).
• Maintain and manage the balancing process between JDE/SAP and HFM. Ensure prompt resolution of variances and discrepancies.
• Collects, checks, maintains, & communicates foreign exchange rate information.
• Participates on special projects as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Basic accounting courses at the college level. Prefer Associate’s degree in business or accounting.
- Excel skills and the ability to utilize a general ledger and ERP system (i.e. SAP).
- Knowledge of Accounting concepts, terminology, and practices.
- Prefer 7+ years of related accounting experience.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at many levels of the organization.
- Good PC Skills, Organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively. Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize work.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, other agencies and the general public.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top