Sr. Communications Specialist
Are you looking for an opportunity to drive positive change and improve the employee experience through communications? Mohawk Industries is seeking highly motivated creative professionals to join the company’s award-winning Corporate Communications team in a mid to senior level position. In this role, you will partner with internal areas -- including our manufacturing, logistics, sales, administrative and technical groups -- to enhance engagement, facilitate successful change management and ensure a focus on the company’s core strategies. If you’re interested in a challenging and rewarding role with a dynamic team, apply today!
Bilingual Candidates Needed
Primary responsibilities include:
- developing and maintaining a deep and broad subject matter expertise on internal communication best practices as well as unique company audiences and communication channels
- building and managing successful relationships with internal clients in areas of responsibility with an emphasis on understanding and responding to client needs
- developing and implementing strategic communication plans from intake to post-launch maintenance and assessment
- providing both proactive and reactive consultative communication support to internal clients and project teams
- collaborating with departmental colleagues, internal clients and subject matter experts to create engaging content aligned with the Mohawk Business Strategy, the Mohawk Way, key business initiatives and major change management implementations
- tracking complex projects to ensure they remain on time and on budget
- actively participating in project teams charged with successfully implementing enterprise-wide or segment-wide programs and systems
- leveraging the company’s existing communications channels (Intranet, Internet, digital sign network, mobility, video, e-mail, print, F2F, etc.) to drive employee engagement and promote organizational objectives
- measuring the success of communication projects and recommending improvements for future plans
Applicants must have:
- bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Business Communications, Creative Writing, Psychology, Business or related field of study
- multi-lingual or bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
- previous experience in professional communications roles or other relevant business experience, preferably in a manufacturing business
- experience with / understanding of change management principles and best practices
- excellent strategic planning skills
- excellent written and verbal communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- strong analytical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- demonstrated ability to work efficiently with multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce high quality material with meticulous attention to detail
- ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse teams and/or individuals in a variety of environments and contexts
- ability to exercise good judgment, prioritization and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures
- ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and to understand which approach is more effective in a given situation
- ability to effectively influence at all levels of an organization
- ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all documents and communications
- ability to both give and accept feedback in a positive, constructive and productive manner
Mohawk emphasizes career growth and development, offering professionals the opportunities of a Fortune 500 multi-national corporation and a friendly, informal work environment where individuality is appreciated. During the past seven years, Mohawk is the only manufacturing company to rank among the top five in Training magazine’s annual list of the Top 125 learning and development organizations. Mohawk is also a leader in sustainable manufacturing and the recipient of multiple honors for its corporate citizenship.
Mohawk Industries is the world’s leading global flooring manufacturer, creating products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the globe. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/DISABLED/PROTECTED VETERANS
Back to top