SR. BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sr. Business Intelligence Specialist professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is currently reviewing top candidates for the role of Sr. BI Specialist. The Senior BI Specialist will be an active participant in the delivery of global BI solutions within a Global IS COE team. The candidate should have a broad knowledge of various technical functions to development requirements and specifications for new and existing application systems. Collaborates with other IS colleagues to help facilitate systems integrations and transitions. The candidate is also expected to work hands-on with data warehousing/BI technologies like SAP BusinessObjects suite, HANA, Tableau, PowerBI, SSAS, and provide support to the business community for all BI related applications. This position will provide a variety of professional development opportunities in a leading-edge technology environment and team that is using some of the best products on the market to create industry leading digital experiences.
- Works with Global IS COE colleagues and project sponsors/customers to determine the long-term application architecture and strategy.
- Oversees major applications integration efforts, this includes but not limited to: designs, codes, tests, installs and supports complex integrated application systems; guides the customization, implementation and support of purchased package applications.
- Analyzes and provides technical advice and direction regarding the interface/integrate of supported systems with the rest of the application portfolio; analyzes how the supported applications can best serve business functions; recognizes the impact to the business of proposed application changes and advises IS colleagues accordingly.
- Interacts with customers, Business Process Specialist and vendors to quantify system requirements, and coordinate system integration testing, migration and roll-out; identifies, evaluates and recommends alternative technical solutions for best fit to business, oversees the initial pilot and recommends guidelines and standards for use.
- Serves as Project Manager or participates on project teams on strategic long-range and highly complex projects that span the organization, crossing business unit boundaries; as a project manager will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of assigned project team to meet project milestones. Proactively reviews and interprets performance against operating plans and standards; provides information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans. Presents reports on project performance, changes, scope variations, and other related matters and/or participates in key management activities committees advising project sponsors or senior management accordingly.
- Performs other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration required. Master degree in technology preferred.
- 5+ years BI development and architecture
- Certification & training with at least 5 years of experience working with multiple BI systems like SAP BOBJ, SAS, Microsoft SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, Microstrategy, OBIEE, etc.
- Experience in data modeling (Star schema and 3rd Normal form)
- Experience with integration of SAP BOBJ and SAP BW
- Experience implementing SAP BOBJ and Tableau on HANA
- Experience with Microsoft’s BI Stack; SSAS and PowerBI
- Experience with EDW development life cycle from business requirement gathering to end solution
- Project Management experience with ability to lead projects spanning across multiple teams within a BU
- Experience with Self-service BI and Agile BI development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as customer service skills
- Availability for occasional travel based on client and project needs
- Good understanding how BI/Analytics helps various business functions.
- Able to apply creative solutions to solve problems
- Able to understand Customer priorities and work toward accomplishing those priorities
- Able to meet milestones for assignments
- Able to take ownership of assignments and provide workable solutions
- Self-motivated & Goal driven. Aware of strengths & weaknesses
- Manage time and attention based on what is most important to achieve key objectives
- Able to work effectively with team members to achieve common goals
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems
Temporary indirect reporting relationships may exist while working as Project lead. May be require to act in senior role monitoring team member tasks.
Normal Office Environment
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top