SR ACCOUNT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sr. Account Support professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sr. Account Support Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
The Sr. Account Support Specialist will provide customer support and communication for Company customers, and marketing, sales professional services, and administration. Under direct supervision, responsible for booking and releasing customer orders and assuring that all orders are properly shipped. A high degree of skill and ability to explain most complex matters to ensure customer satisfaction and retention, and to sell products and services. Performs customer service and account maintenance tasks that are more advanced. Impacts various areas through effective coordination of information from different offices. This information will be used by Sales Management in customer account business reviews.
- Act as a senior team member, providing cross-functional support to major accounts. Applies advance knowledge and experience to resolve coordinate or provide direction to ensure key company accounts receive prompt and effective service.
- May provide assistance to Customer Service Representatives and Account Support Specialist I & II.
- May provide assistance to leads, offering guidance and direction to junior team members. Act as a liaison between the Company and the account. Requires considerable adaptation in response to major accounts in order to achieve success.
- Interface with Credit Department, expediting shipments and account maintenance.
- Interpret orders and documentation for customers and process orders in accordance with established contracts. Expedite and trace orders to meet customers needs.
- Process customer inquiry calls pertaining to Purchase Order status, provide availability and in-depth information on Products, provide pricing on applicable accounts and to expedite shipment requests.
- Compose and/or edits internal and external correspondence, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, charts/graphs. This includes outside vendor and customer correspondence, confidential material.
- Maintain and establish appropriate confidentiality with sensitive material and information.
- Examine records, such as bills, computer print outs, bills of lading, pricing on orders/commissions, group rebates, and related documents and correspondence, and converses or corresponds with customer and other Company personnel such as TM’s, billing, credit, sales, service shipping, to obtain facts regarding customer service.
- Establish and maintain positive business relationships, internally and externally, to promote Company goals.
- Support the Company by participating in group problem solving efforts.
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure achievement of team, individual, and corporate goals.
- Assist in departmental reporting, tracking and special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency required. Some college in business related field or (CCSS) Certified Customer Service Specialist certification preferred.
- Intermediate Computer Skills: in word-processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, Excel AS400, Inet, & Electronic mail required).
- In-depth knowledge of Company brands and products information required to perform the essential functions of the job. In-depth knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to department activities.
- 2-4 years of Account Support Specialist experience required.
- Experience to handle most complex customer inquiries and problems and non-routine matters.
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
- Master knowledge of all skills and responsibilities up to an Account Support Specialist II. Proven leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to customer/client satisfaction.
- Ability to perform with ease multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to effectively communicate on a professional manner as well as interpret incoming calls and handle in an appropriate manner.
- Must possess excellent organization skills, pronounced judgment and decision making abilities and be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- High degree of skill and ability to explain most complex matters to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization required. Good Voice Quality that is conversational and professional.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions, policies, guidelines and processing standards.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Must be an effective team member.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top