Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin Flooring is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin Flooring is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Responsible for the effective sourcing, negotiation, and management of raw and indirect material supply in a manufacturing environment. Frequently interacts with suppliers to identify and capture opportunities, procure new materials, optimize pricing, and negotiate needs that generate mutual efficiencies. Gathers, analyzes, and reports data in pursuit of a best-in-class supplier relationship management system.
- Complies with all company Safety rules and procedures
- Actively manages a large number of Tier 2 supplier relationships with a focus on cost reduction, consistent high-quality, mutual efficiencies, and long-term opportunistic synergies
- Sources and negotiates critical supplemental materials including, cartons, films, glues, accessories, etc.
- Manages and oversees capital equipment leases and contracts for multiple sites, including forklift and equipment leases.
- Proactively seeks out new suppliers/materials and captures market-driven cost saving opportunities through awareness of market drivers, reverse auctions, and synergistic opportunities while simultaneously improving quality and operating efficiencies
- Energetically participates in new product development process as the primary purchasing resource for finding and selecting new product components and suppliers, with an aptitude for technical detail and manufacturing processes across a wide variety of raw material types.
- Meets regularly with suppliers and provides data driven feedback on supplier performance
- Assists purchasing director in data gathering and analysis, providing recommendations and research in purchasing decisions of key raw materials.
- Proposes and helps lead projects related to material cost reduction and quality improvement using a data-driven approach. Coordinates efforts among Purchasing, Production, and suppliers to reduce material costs while ensuring quality.
- Learns suppliers’ processes at a technical level in order to better identify mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Helps build and issue forecasts of anticipated material consumption to external suppliers, sister-companies, and internal groups such as Finance.
- Assists and leads in accurately setting up new product details within internal systems.
- Maintains a holistic view in every purchasing decision or recommendation, protecting the interests of the company and balancing short-term and long-term benefits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with strong quantitative or technical aptitude, or associates degree with 3 – 5 years of manufacturing experience in a quality, supply chain or purchasing-related role.
Minimum 2 years related experience; interaction with material suppliers strongly preferred.
- Excellent data and analysis skills. Ability to collect, analyze, and report data in a concise, well organized form.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate on a professional level verbally and in writing about technical issues, product specifications, etc. Ability to open an opportunity and also close a deal.
- Strong technical aptitude and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to track details of multiple projects at multiple stages without getting lost in the details.
- Self-directed, pro-active, get-it-done approach, driven to work with and through others to find and deliver results on time.
- Excellent positive attitude, team player approach, and demonstrated record of high dependability.
- Highly proficient computer skills – Very strong Excel skills (some VBA experience preferred); SAP and RIMSES experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Natural propensity for a challenge and to be a part of a winning team
- Ideal candidate will have an inner drive to continually learn and improve; a constant dissatisfaction with the status quo and the self-confidence to work with others to find and develop new, better solutions are key attributes for success in this position.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top