SmartStrand Specialist - Central Plains
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sales Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
The SmartStrand Specialist is responsible for growth of the company’s products and services within the SmartStrand/Triexta product line. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and direction of sales personnel.
- Collaborates with Regional VP, District and Territory Managers to develop sales goals and initiatives set for SmartStrand/Triexta growth.
- Establishes and manages effective programs to coach, train, support and mentor District and Territory Managers.
- Manages the assigned geographic sales area to maximize sales revenues and meet company objectives.
- Develops monthly strategy for sales calls and prepares monthly travel calendar based on that strategy.
- Conducts area market analysis to determine the products most commonly purchased in the area to determine sales strategy.
- Collaborates with sales operations and product management to ensure the sales teams are exceeding the product needs of the customer.
- Manages the assigned Region to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate goals as it pertains to SmartStrand.
- Establish personal contact and rapport with clients via phone calls, emails and/or letters.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly sales target.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, achieve results, persuade and sell new ideas.
- Problem solving and analytical skill to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience with a working knowledge of the carpet industry required; college degree in marketing or business studies preferred or a minimum of one-three years of related experience or training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to travel 75%-100% domestic travel; maybe required to lift up to 50lbs.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top