This person will be the concierge and brand ambassador, face from the showroom to the local region’s design community and all visitors in support of the sales staff. This includes being knowledgeable in Mohawk’s products, design, and marketing initiatives. Responsible for managing and maintaining the Mohawk Group showroom for all internal and external functions, upholding the image and services that the local showroom provides to the A&D community and sales staff. Maintains showroom image and functions to support day to day activities, special events, and sales support. Support Mohawk sales and brand initiatives by interfacing with A&D customers to share product knowledge for all product categories.
The role includes developing and maintaining favorable relationships with clients that visit showroom in an effort to meet sales objectives for all commercial brand product categories.
The role will work closely with the NYC Project Manager with some duties overlapping with coordinating industry activities and presentations, as well as project collateral.
The role will oversee the NYC Office Manager, who will be responsible for the showroom facility, sampling, shipping and courier services and other administrative services.
- Maintains knowledge on all current commercial product brand categories.
- Presents all commercial brand products and services to clients visiting showroom and provide technical assistance/information regarding product quality and attributes.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients along with sales staff and act as liaison for client with the commercial sales representatives
- Assists customers with product knowledge, availability and order status.
- Ensures that showroom and sample inventory levels are maintained to service local market, and will oversee the Office Manager who will coordinate sample orders. Also maintain updated working resource library of all product sample books, etc. Keep a log of samples in/out. Keep up with product deletions.
- Maintain product vignettes, displays, and collateral to support current collections and launches, in line with Design Vision for the company, and especially focusing on new products.
- Pull samples and palettes for showroom meetings and sales visits; pull match products to drops or competitors.
- Support sales staff with product layouts, photo packets, and other collateral
- Provides leadership and guidance to Office Manager and showroom intern, and assists showroom intern with gaining exposure and knowledge regarding the commercial flooring industry via outside sales team and daily tasks.
- Provides feedback to Director Design Segment regarding customer needs/requirements to enhance or improve products
- Work as a national team with other showroom managers to implement the design vision of showrooms with Director of Design Segment, and ensure consistency of brand/image.
- Create and support presentation materials as needed.
- Assist in local/regional social media as part of brand strategy, especially for events
- Oversee the maintenance of physical showroom: kitchen is stocked, displays are looking great, etc. Day to Day maintenance/functionality is implemented by Office Manager.
- Coordinate meetings and special events in showroom as needed including catering, entertainment, ordering lunch, etc.
- Keep showroom calendar up to date for showroom events, meetings, industry events
- Oversees Office Manager
- Showroom Intern as needed
Four-year college degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience and working knowledge of commercial products in the flooring industry preferred but not necessary
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in the following areas: Microsoft Office Suite
- Interest in Interior Design and Architecture, and/or Textiles and Materials & Finishes
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to develop and maintain exceptional client relationships.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret/adapt system procedures or operating concepts to fit new situations.
- Ability to conceptualize, organize and execute new initiatives
- Strong organizational skills – attention to detail
- Self-Motivator-willing to take the initiative
- An “Eye” for design and interest in design industry trends
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top