Shipping / Forklift Operator - Runner (Unilin US MDF)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin US MDF is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin US MDF is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
The shipping forklift Driver performs various job functions to support the operation of the Shipping Department. The duties range from cleaning the warehouse to transporting material from the production area to the warehouse. The forklift driver must also have knowledge with operating propane filling and dispensing equipment. Working in varying temperatures following weather patterns and working in dusty environments is expected. This list is not all-inclusive.
- Must operate forklift for extended periods of time.
- Deliver material to the warehouse that is ready for shipment and verify that it is labeled correct.
- When material is brought to the warehouse it is to be staged with like Sales Order numbers.
- Material is to be placed in straight neatly stacked rows to make use of all available space in the warehouse.
- Perform visual inspection on material following Unilin’s procedures and notify Team Leader of any discrepancies.
- Point out damaged material to the Team Leader from the responsibly department.
- Remove and replace material damaged by forklift driver and report to Team Leader.
- Reattach any runners that maybe missing from pallet before loading on the carrier.
- Understand the amounts on the pallet tags and make sure they correspond with what is given to the Shipping Clerk.
- Read and understand packaging instructions for material being loaded.
- Load trucks as scheduled or as directed by Team Leader.
- Operate the shipping yard truck.
- Move trailers with the yard truck to facilitate loading and unloading of material.
- Ensure that all BOL’s accurately reflect the contents of the material being loaded for shipment.
- Turn in a signed copy of the BOL for every truck loaded.
- Assist with taking packaging supplies inside the plant and putting them in the correct location.
- Perform maintenance checks on lifts and keep engine compartment free of dust build up.
- Assist with keeping warehouse clean and organized.
- Communicate any problems or ideas that you have to the Shipping Team Leader.
- Organize master pallets and help scrape and cover metal pallets when needed.
- Sort cover boards and assist in tagging stock material when needed.
- Help inventory material when asked.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Please note: This is a night shift position
Familiar with operating Forklift or equivalent
1 yr experience in a manufacturing setting.
Able to communicate and interact with other employees
Take direction and understand the material labeling system
Must have good Organizational skills
Must be able to read a tape measure
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to use hand tools frequently.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to sit and drive forklift on uneven driving surface.
Must have vision of 20/50 with corrective lenses if needed.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top