SHIFT MANAGER II
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
• Plans and schedules work to meet production requirements while making effective use of labor, material, and equipment.
• Manages shift supervisors to maintain production within compliance.
• Maintains a safe and healthy working environment for associates and ensures an organized work environment.
• Conducts training on new procedures and oversees new hire training.
• Evaluates selection of new employees in hiring process.
• Assures adherence to operating standards, assists in the coordination of production schedules and budget planning.
• Coaches and reviews performance of direct reports.
• Performs other duties as required.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Education and Knowledge:
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Requires knowledge of safety policy and procedures. Ability to read/write English. Knowledge of ceramic manufacturing and quality standards preferred
4 or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
1. Present verbal and written information and ideas clearly and effectively.
2. Work well under tight time constraints.
3. Maintain a high attention to detail.
4. Understand interrelationships between applications and business processes.
5. Develop and implement appropriate reports and metrics.
6. Develop relationships with key functional groups.
7. Identify issues, problems and opportunities while maintaining effectiveness in changing environment.
8. Monitor departmental compliance with applicable local rules and regulation
9. Follow all Company policies and procedures.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top