Sewing Machine Operator
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
- Responsible for operating an industrial sewing machine to secure all sides and corners of rugs.
- Responsible for performing this job in a quality and productive manner.
- Expected to maintain all housekeeping items and follow all housekeeping procedures associated with the position.
- Responsible for removing product off stacks and pulling product to the sewing machine.
- Responsible for removing improper sewing/binding and repairing thread breaks.
- Responsible for changing thread, binding, and/or needles.
- Responsible for pushing product to the tailburner.
- Prior sewing experience preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to learn the operation of an industrial sewing machine
- Must be able to follow all safety rules
- Sustained employment of at least 6 months
- Prior experience in an industrial environment preferred
- must be able to stand, bend, stoop, push, and pull for the duration of a 10-hour shift
Back to top