SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Mohawk Industries, the world’s largest flooring company (NYSE:MHK), is seeking a top-tier graphic design professional to join the company’s award-winning Corporate Communications team. In this role, you will help to shape the organization’s visual messaging across multiple platforms and for multiple audiences, including employees, potential employees, investors and community stakeholders. The Corporate Communications team celebrates creative independence and fosters professional development within a high-performance culture.
This senior graphic designer position
- Uses artistic skills and design principles to determine the best visual effect in planning and designing graphic art projects across multiple platforms (print, video, motion graphics, web, presentations) from concept through completion
- Consults with members of the Corporate Communications team and internal clients to assess project needs, develops a project plan, and produces visual solutions that exceed client expectations
- Translates clients’ or team members’ input into multiple design options that allow flexibility in achieving project goals and often providing alternative approaches beyond the scope of the clients’ initial expectations
- Works with clients, team members and other internal and external contacts to establish and conform to appropriate time and budget constraints for each project
- Works in a collaborative environment and contributes unique perspectives and helpful suggestions on all projects within the department
- Maintains all completed project files for future use
- Researches and monitors design trends to sharpen skills, remain proficient with current technology and software, and determine ways to enhance the Company’s image and create differentiated designs
- Providing work guidance to junior team members in areas such as providing constructive feedback, answering technical and aesthetic questions, and delegating some tasks on larger projects; may include indirect reporting relationships while working on major projects
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, preferably in graphic design, mass communications, art or marketing
- Advanced level proficiency with the following software: Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Creative Suite especially PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as solid familiarity with Premier and AfterEffects; some ability to record video/audio is appreciated.
- Some practical skills with HTML and the Open Source CMS, Joomla, or the ability to learn them quickly, is necessary
- A grasp of the mechanics of the Internet and a basic understanding of servers, DNS, URLs, etc., is not essential but helpful
- History of professional experience in a corporate, creative services or agency environment
- Demonstrated application of graphic design principles as well as visual storytelling concepts
- Creative integrity, including a willingness to defend a good idea even when others express alternate perspectives
- Flexibility to shift between traditional design, basic video editing and motion graphics depending on the need and the same flexibility to conform design style to the needs of the specific client or project
- Balanced approach between taking reasonable creative risks and following direction when needed
- Previous project management experience in a cross-functional environment is ideal, to include successfully organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed, and accuracy to meet multiple deadlines and shifting requirements to produce a large volume of high quality material with meticulous attention to detail
- Consistent, proven ability to manage and implement projects and to contribute to concept development
Mohawk emphasizes career growth and development, offering professionals the opportunities of a Fortune 500 multi-national corporation and a friendly, informal work environment where individuality is appreciated. During the past seven years, Mohawk is the only manufacturing company to rank among the top five in Training magazine’s annual list of the Top 125 learning and development organizations. Mohawk is also a leader in sustainable manufacturing and the recipient of multiple honors for its corporate citizenship.
Mohawk Industries is the world’s leading global flooring manufacturer, creating products that enhance residential and commercial spaces around the globe. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/DISABLED/PROTECTED VETERANS
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top