Sanding / Helper (Unilin US MDF)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin US MDF is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin MDF is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
The Sanding Helper performs various job functions to support the operation on the Sanding Line. The duties range from cleaning the sanding line to off bearing material from the sanding line and packaging it for shipment.
- Identify material leaving the machinery and label it accordingly.
- Package the finished pallets of material for shipment or delivery to another work center.
- Read, understand, and follow packaging instructions for material being packaged.
- Assist in product changeovers, belt changes, and blade changes on the sanding line.
- Clean the saw and packaging areas.
- Assist the Sander Operator and other personnel in repairing, maintaining, and/or operating the sanding line as directed by the Sanding Team Leader.
- Assist other work centers with cleaning or packaging as directed by the Sanding Team Leader.
- Locate supplies needed to perform any of the above functions and notify the Sanding Team Leader of any shortages of materials.
- Communicate any problems or ideas that you have to the Sanding Team Leader.
- Observes safe work practices in compliance with the safety policy
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Sanding Team Leader.
Please Note: This is a rotating Day shift position, 6 am - 6 pm
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to use hand tools frequently.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to sit and drive forklift on uneven driving surface.
Must have vision of 20/50 with corrective lenses if needed.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top