Sanding Assistant Operator II (Unilin US MDF)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin US MDF is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin US MDF is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
The Sanding Assistant Operator has several key responsibilities. This person needs to be flexible and needs to be able to work at a fast pace. This person must be able to take direction and organize several tasks simultaneously to bring them to completion in a logical sequence. Listed below are the main job duties for this position.
- Assist the Sanding Operator in the operation of the sanding line.
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently perform the job duties of the Helpers, QC Checker and 120 plus 550 forklift operators in Sanding.
- Coordinate the activities of sanding Helpers and Forklift drivers and assist them to ensure that material is being processed correctly.
- Coordinate product changeovers, belt changes, and blade changes on the sanding line.
- Identify material leaving the machinery and label it accordingly.
- Perform quality checks in accordance with Customer specs and notify the Sanding Team Leader of any discrepancies.
- Package the finished pallets of material for shipment or delivery to another work center.
- Read, understand, and follow packaging instructions for material being packaged.
- Clean the saw and packaging areas.
- Assist the Sander Operator and other personnel in repairing or maintaining the machinery.
- Assist other work centers with cleaning or packaging as directed by the Sanding Team Leader.
- Locate, and check out from the storeroom if needed, supplies needed to perform any of the above functions and notify the Sanding Team Leader of any shortages of materials.
- Communicate any problems or ideas that you have to the Sanding Team Leader.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Sanding Team Leader.
- Ensure that all end of shift duties as stated on the “Assistant Operator Checklist” are completed by shift change.
- Observes safe work practices in compliance with the safety policy
Please Note: This is a Rotating Day Shift position. 6 am - 6 pm
1 yr experience in a manufacturing setting.
Operate a 550 and smaller forklift often
Ability to read a tape ruler and micrometer
Able to use a computer frequently
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to use hand tools frequently.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to sit and drive forklift on uneven driving surface.
Must have vision of 20/50 with corrective lenses if needed.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top