Sanding / 550 Forklift Operator (Unilin US MDF)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin US MDF is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin US MDF is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
The Sanding 550 Forklift Driver performs various job functions to support the THDF, Sanding and Shipping Department. The duties range from pulling the material from THDF outfeed, THDF reject bin, Sanding Outfeed, loading Sanding infeed and staging material in various locations.
- Safely operate 550 forklift and smaller lifts when needed.
- Assist in packaging of material for shipments or delivery to other work centers.
- Document and report any damage or malfunctions to the lift before operating.
- Remove all empty pallets from Sanding pallet exit area and stage beside THDF pallet loading station.
- Perform QC checks on master pallets when needed and ensure material is wrapped.
- Ensure material is always stacked as high as possible to maximize space.
- Ensure wider or longer material is never staged on top of narrower or shorter material.
- Pick up any broken planks or cover boards that fall off of pallets.
- Ensure material is stacked properly in master panel bay and damaged pallets are separated for repair.
- Assist in pulling material for all work centers.
- Label and wrap all partial pallets properly and combine like materials with material in the warehouse.
- Perform daily inspections and PM’s to the 550.
- Work with the other 550 drivers so they all get breaks and lunch.
- Observes safe work practices in compliance with the company safety policy
- Organize empty and full master pallets to maximize space.
- Assist when help is needed loading Swedwood trucks and unload all return pallets and cover boards.
- Perform other related duties as directed by Sanding Team Leader.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a rotating Day shift position, 6 am - 6 pm
1 yr experience in a manufacturing setting.
Forklift Certification up to 550
Successfully complete QC training
Ability to read a tape ruler and micrometer
Good communication Skills
Operate propane filling and dispensing equipment
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to use hand tools frequently.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to sit and drive forklift on uneven driving surface.
Must have vision of 20/50 with corrective lenses if needed.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top