SALES FORECAST & INVENTORY ANALYST
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
This position is onsite at the Menards Corporate offices and is responsible for all Mohawk divisions sales forecast, inventory planning, purchase orders, promotional calendar and point of sales data. The purpose of this position is to promote sales by providing the right amount of inventory to avoid out of stocks while managing the inventory dollars to maximize inventory turns for Menards.
The Sales Forecast and Inventory Analyst is responsible for Mohawk Carpet, Mohawk Home, Unilin and Dal-Tile sales data and inventory purchase orders.
This position works on site at Menards Corporate office out of Eau Claire, WI.
- Collects and analyzes data for sales trends and forecasting purposes
- Works simultaneously with Mohawk and Menard’s team members to derive solutions and to develop reports
- Examines inventory levels, speed of production, and demand for product to ascertain a company’s optimal production levels and potential future sales
- Uses modeling to make accurate predictions
- Forecasts and tracks sales, replenishes scheduling, and logistics coordination that provides for effective and efficient order fulfillment.
- Analyzes information and develops recommendations to drive sales, improve margins and increase inventory turns
- Monitors exception reports as well as sets-up and monitors SKU replenishment
- Makes recommendations for category inventory levels to achieve optimal profitability, ensures maximum turn and in-stock position
- Supports strategic planning functions including identifying key promotions
- Works with manufacturing personnel to facilitate a timely and accurate order fulfillment process
- Maintains effective working relationships with Menards employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Identify shortage opportunities, determines root cause, proposes solutions and drives change.
- Travels at least one day a month to visit Menards stores.
- The candidate must work closely with Menard’s Buyers, Inventory Analyst, and Merchandise Planners to help manage business, including the four main categories of; inventory control, product mix, merchandising, and analysis of advertising.
- Develop knowledge of Mohawk Industries entire product offerings in Menards. The overall goal is to maximize sales, profit, and turns for both Mohawk Industries and Menards Inc.
- The candidate must possess strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- The candidate must be proficient with computers to include the following; Microsoft Office, Excel and Access and Power Point.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, inventory planning, finance or related field required or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Understanding of retail sales and inventory management.
- Must be able to develop spreadsheets using Microsoft Access to analyze product sales, inventory requirements and make recommendations to management.
- Will interface with many departments within all Mohawk divisions and is a key contact with many departments within Menards.
- Strategic analytical thinker and good organizational and people skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service, problem solver, and ability to multi-task.
- Requires strong computer skills including, excel, Access and will teach Menards Software systems.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Discount Tuition Reimbursement
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top