SAFETY SPECIALIST I
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best SAFETY SPECIALIST I Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing SAFETY SPECIALIST I Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Provide support in implementing and maintaining the organization’s safety policies and programs. Coordinate, deliver, and maintain records on safety training to promote an accident free workplace. Conduct plant audits and implement safety policies and programs to maintain compliance to local, state, and federal law. Under nominal direction, job duties are performed within general policies and specified organizational objectives within the area of specialty.
Safety Data/Reporting: Personnel in this position may also be assigned safety data/reporting functions in support of corporate safety programs. May prepare, generate and maintain safety documentation, queries and reports for internal and external customers, including regulatory authorities.
- Provide ongoing instruction of OSHA required safety disciplines to ensure employees have essential safety instructions before being placed in a hazardous job environment. Coordinate all other annual or recurring safety training requirements. Schedule training sessions to ensure all employees within the assigned area have current safety training as required by law and Company guidelines. Present training in a variety of multi-media forms. Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee training records.
- Conduct safety audits throughout the facility to identify and correct unsafe conditions and unsafe acts. Monitor employee behavior within the assigned area and recommends remedial safety instructions as necessary to reduce workplace injuries and to improve regulatory compliance. Assist in preparation for Quarterly Safety Audits.
- Participate in accident and incident investigations using photographs, employee interviews, and other relevant sources to determine root causes of an event. Write summaries and recommends corrective actions as necessary to prevent additional accidents. Perform follow-up on remediation as needed.
- Communicate on a regular basis with other safety personnel throughout the company to promote consistency in the application of safety policies and programs throughout the Company and share any safety related concerns.
- Review and update Job Safety Analysis documents to identify and avoid work-related hazards by outlining specific work procedures required to perform each job safely and effectively.
- Prepare, generate and complete specific periodic reports and ad-hoc reports. Maintain and update safety specific documents such as procedures manuals, material safety data sheets, etc.
- Prepare a PPE Grid for all job classifications. Maintain database of all recordable incidents, near-misses, and relevant investigations. Track progress on action items generated from incident investigations, safety audits, and safety committee meetings. Schedule, monitor, and track action items resulting from Code Red and Blue Drills.
- Review safety statics in order to evaluate, detect and respond to trends and patterns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- 0-2 years related work experience within the functional area.
- Must acquire safety training and/or certificates as required by regulatory agencies and/or Company guidelines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal communication, and team facilitation skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees including management and internal and external customers.
- Ability to present information accurately and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to anticipate problem areas and implement effective solutions before problems occur.
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety disciplines, other regulatory guidelines, Company specific safety policies and procedures, and common industrial safety practices.
- PC proficiency that includes Microsoft Office Suite and other department specific hardware, software, and equipment.
Working conditions range from average office or classroom environment to high-traffic production floor. Includes occasional to frequent exposure to minor hazards and safety requirements while performing routine job tasks.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top