Safety & Health Specialist
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Safety & Health Specialist develops, plans, directs and implements organization safety and maintenance programs to prevent injuries and work-related health conditions and comply with applicable regulatory requirements. Will be responsible for managing safety & health programs within the Dal-Tile Stone Centers and satellite locations, and leading value streaming projects.
- Develops and implements safety policies in compliance with local, state, federal and company Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Conducts work-site assessments to identify and evaluate safety and health risk and compliance exposures. Develops and implements strategies to reduce or eliminate these risks and exposures.
- Plans and delivers training programs for management and employees on relevant accident prevention and compliance programs. Conducts new employee orientation in connection with company goals and requirements.
- Coordinates facility Central Health and Safety committee\subcommittees and facilitates the continuous improvement process.
- Conducts analyses of accident causes and health hazards to be used to target specific prevention strategies. Prepares and maintains required documentation of incident reports, statistical analysis for use as required by company personnel or outside agencies. Investigates and tracks job injuries and lost workdays and maintains OSHA log, documentation , records and activities.
- Manage administration of the workers’ compensation program, including working with insurance carrier and health professionals to reduce the duration of disability through application of various light duty and return-to-work programs.
- Provide management and hands-on support to operations as required. May require off-shift hours to be worked as necessary.
- Assist in the development and management of the on-line safety training programs.
- Manage corporate contractor program, ensuring all contractors have been qualified through the company contractor approval program.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the corporate safety communications plan for all business units. Lead benchmarking efforts as they relate to process and technology advancements. Work with the Marble Institute of America and service as a committee member.
- Lead efforts pertaining to value streaming of safety and health programs as it relates to programs, databases and training.
- Performs other related duties as required
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Science or Management (recommended)
- Candidates with professional certification (CSP, CIH, etc) a plus
- 4 years of experience in health and safety
- Training development and presentation experience
- Strong background in general warehousing/logistics preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication and training skills
- Must possess excellent planning, administrative and organizational skills
- Strong conflict resolution, data analysis and interpretation skills
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability to prepare training materials and perform classroom training, as well as, train in the work environment
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top