Safety Director - North American Flooring
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge - allowing you to focus on Safety! #LI-PW1
Division Safety Director P
As our Safety Director, you'll help us to continue creating a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees. By fostering a culture of safety, accountability, and compliance, you can help us maintain our world-class safety records.
You'll be responsible for developing, planning and implementing safety and safety compliance programs to control risks, prevent losses and protect the personnel and assets of the Company. Manages team of Safety Managers and Specialists to ensure Division’s Safety goals are achieved or exceeded. Ensures compliance with Federal, State and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules. Guides and directs Mohawk’s strategic safety initiatives to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment. Serves as technical resource for line leadership.
- Direct Safety and compliance programs for Mohawk’s Flooring Division through effectively leading a team of Safety Managers and Safety Specialists.
- Develops and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Designs and directs programs to reduce accidents, occupational illness, and exposure to long term health hazards.
- Plans and delivers training programs for manager and employees on relevant accident prevention and compliance programs such as: Lockout/Tagout, confined space entry, PPE, fire prevention and protection, chemical handling and Hazard Communication.
- Conducts analyses of accident causes and associated health hazards to be used to target specific prevention strategies and measure financial impact upon the Company. Prepares and maintains required documentation of incident reports, statistical analyses and other reports for use as required by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Administers the policies and procedures and manage the subordinate staff relating to the Company’s Safety Program and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and submits recommendations to Senior Management, for action plans to minimize company exposure to costs associated with Worker’s Compensation.
- Represents the Company on Safety issues which may include meeting with attorneys, state, federal regulatory agencies.
- Maintains internal communication programs and process to ensure both management’s and organization’s awareness of compliance issues, activities and federal, state and local regulatory activities that affect technical and quality compliance
- Performs other duties as requested by management
- Conducts worksite assessments to identify and evaluate safety and health risks, compliance exposures and management systems deficiencies. Develops strategies to reduce or eliminate these risks and exposures
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- 5 years of progressively responsible Safety experience with a minimum of 3 years in a management, supervisory or lead capacity, working with a diverse team in a diverse environment. Professional certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of the organization, environmental codes and the ability to identify potential loss exposure
- In-depth knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practical application governing Safety in the workplace.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret, adapt, known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations
- Demonstrated experience leading or facilitating the development and implementation of business oriented projects
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s senior management, internal and external business contacts
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility and the desire and capability of motivating and directing the activities of others, and the ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct
- Ability to act as a managerial adviser on professional and technical issues related to Safety.
- Ability to deal in a high-pressure environment (occasionally in a crisis situation) and render good decisions to resolve the problems.
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Ability to train in all areas of safety and health
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-Point
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top