Safety Coordinator - Chehalis WA
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
1st shift available Mon-Fri 8a-5p
- Understand OSHA regulations and assist management and Safety Specialists in applying regulations to the manufacturing operations
- Assist with regular safety audits and inspections and keep track of safety audit results
- Assist with implementation of Mohawk safety policies and procedures
- Coordinate Central Safety Committee, JSO teams, and BBS teams, all accident investigation teams’ meetings
- Schedule and conduct annual safety training to include LTO, LOTO, and safety harness training
- Maintain records of all annual training
- Prepare a PPE Grid for all job classifications
- Maintain database of all recordable incidents, near-misses, and relevant investigations
- Track progress on action items generated from incident investigations, safety audits, and safety committee meetings
- Maintain and update site commander’s notebook and MSDS notebook
- Schedule, monitor, and track action items resulting from Code Red and Blue Drills
- Spot check safety showers, eyewash stations, ladders, harnesses, etc.
- Assist in preparation for Quarterly Safety Audits
- Other duties as required or requested by management
- Good oral, written, presentation, interpersonal communication, and team facilitation skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees including management and internal and external customers.
- Ability to present information accurately and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to anticipate problem areas and implement effective solutions before problems occur.
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety disciplines, other regulatory guidelines, Company specific safety policies and procedures, and common industrial safety practices.
- Proficient using a PC to include Microsoft Office Suite and other department specific hardware, software, and equipment
- 2 year High school diploma or GED equivalency required
- Two years manufacturing environment experience
- 2 year degree in business or engineering technology.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top