RVP SOUTHEAST - EDUCATION/GOVERNMENT
The Regional Vice President Sales - Southeast is responsible for overseeing the overall sales in the business unit and all related activities required to ensure sales and service goals and objectives for products are attained. Develops and implements business plans for delivery, training and integration of products and services. Maintains expertise and keeps informed of development trends in the industry to monitor the organization’s competitive market position.
- Directs the selling of commercial products and ensure that the sales team provides a high level of service and attain sales, service and profitability objectives
- Ensure that the commercial sales business plan is aligned with corporate strategies and objectives.
- Ensure that products, pricing, representation and service are maintained at superior levels.
- Trains and coaches staff to educate customers assesses and match the customer needs with the appropriate product and ensures that the sales team has the knowledge and necessary resources to meet these needs.
- Work effectively with product development, manufacturing and marketing to evaluate the effectiveness of current products, services, policies and marketing campaigns and assist with corrective action as needed.
- Represents the commercial business unit to industry associations to strengthen its position in the marketplace and develop strategic selling programs and account management practices necessary to successfully exploit these business opportunities.
- Provides mentoring and leadership through critical and independent thinking skills and behavior.
- Exercises authority concerning hiring, performance management, reviews, promotions, salary decisions and terminations.
- Four-year college degree in business, marketing or related field and 7-10 or more years of related work experience and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, combined with demonstrated professional growth and achievement.
- A minimum of 5 years sales management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate to advance proficiency level in the following areas: Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Business Writing concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing and sales environment, to include but not limited to product development and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer service and basic accounting.
- Progressively responsible experience in planning, budgeting and financial management analysis and reporting.
Thorough knowledge of Mohawk products, distribution options, sales strategies and programs.
Sales & marketing and product development background, ability to manage a large decentralized sales force, knowledge of manufacturing process.
Relationship Building- The ability to develop a connection both internal and external, that builds in degrees, cultivating trust/mutual respect.
Negotiation- The ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups. Can settle differences with minimum noise. Can win concessions without damaging relationships. Ability to be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic. Gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations. Has a good sense of timing.
Influencing- The ability to produce an effect without apparent force or direct authority. Incorporates persuasion in a manner unknowing to the other party and with collaboration.
Analytical- The ability to examine things to determine its parts or elements. Then reasoning or acting from that perception of the parts and interrelations to achieve the desired result.
Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze statistical and financial data to develop solutions.
Strategic Thinking- The ability to envision things ahead clearly. Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Is future oriented and can articulate visions and possibilities and likelihoods. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Presentation Skills- The ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings including, one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and managers. Is effective both inside and outside the organization including vendor relationships. Commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation.
Planned Communication- The ability to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get message across with desired effect. Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, ability to achieve results through team efforts, and ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas.
Political Acumen- The ability to maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly. Requires sensitive to how people in and outside the organization functions. Anticipates barriers and challenges and plans his/her approach accordingly. Views corporate politics as necessary part of organizational life and works to adjust to that reality.
Leadership-The ability to be assertive, self confident, adaptable, and influential. Exhibits a “take charge” attitude, takes pride in work, and be a positive role model. Should set challenging standards and expectations and be accomplishment focused.
Business Knowledge- Seeks and has broad knowledge in the areas of finance, economics, legal, etc applicable to level of position. Has a full competency of breadth and depth of company product knowledge.
Direct reports include a diverse sales team of exempt and administrative non-exempt/hourly employees
Frequent travel is required. May be required to lift and move up to 100lbs without lifting aids. Vision requirements are comparable to that which is required to maintain a valid driver’s license. 100% body movement is required to successfully perform the job, such as standing, reaching, climbing, use of all major limbs, etc.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top