Research and Development - Intern
The main responsibility of this internship will be to assist the Senior R&D Engineer in the development of new and improved tile backings to meet Mohawk’s carpet tile market needs. The selected intern will:
- Participate in “hands-on” involvement, sometimes directing or assisting others in testing.
- Learn about all applicable development and manufacturing procedures, documentation and reporting systems.
- Support the development and improvement of carpet tile backing systems, both current systems and alternative systems that may include new chemistries and sustainable ingredients, both recycled and bio-based.
- Engage in discussions with vendors and others outside of Mohawk.
- Assist the R&D Engineer and manufacturing departments in trouble shooting non-standard processing or product.
- Support the R&D Engineer in other backing related projects for other product platforms as needed, and with cross-functional projects with other Mohawk divisions as needed.
- Understand all existing development, manufacturing and testing protocols for carpet tiles. This will include the raw materials, processes, lab, pilot and manufacturing equipment, test equipment and procedures for raw materials and finished product.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Currently pursuing a degree in engineering or a science related field
- Must be able to intern full-time during the summer
- Internship could continue part-time during the fall depending on the student's school schedule
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top