RELIABILITY ENGINEER - BENNETTSVILLE, SC - 1ST SHIFT
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. P
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Reliability Engineer will assist in safely leading and supervising a group of Autonomous, Preventive, Planned and Predictive maintenance personnel in the inspection, diagnoses, service and innovative improvements that meets all stakeholders’ expectations. The Reliability will report to the Production Manager, with a dotted line to the Maintenance Manager. The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for complex assignments & will need to demonstrate technical leadership & have a peer level understanding of engineering concepts. The Reliability Engineer will need to be able to select engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendation. The Reliability Engineer will need to be able to develop staff to be capable of reducing unplanned and reactive downtime via tools provided by (TPM) Total Productive Maintenance and other Reliability Centered Maintenance processes. The Reliability Engineer must be able to work flexible hours and be accessible during emergencies. The scope of this role will include the Extrusion Processes, and infrastructural utilities such as HVAC, Chillers, Compressors, Fans and motors.
- Supervises a team of machine maintenance employees in the inspection, diagnoses, service and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment and coordinates department specific functions across one or more shifts
- Reviews work orders to ensure that maintenance schedules within the department are completed according to priority, prioritizes work, develops daily department schedule, and assigns routine and preventive maintenance tasks with the goals of maintaining and improving costs, productivity, quality, and safety standards to promote peak efficiency of all plant equipment.
- Must ensure spare parts are properly identified for planned jobs and reactive failures.
- Develops preventative/root cause analysis and implement reliability strategies to prevent equipment downtime.
- Ensures adherence to established priorities for workflow so that tasks are completely in a timely manner. Verifies employee hours worked in KRONOS.
- Prepares and develops Preventive Maintenance program for all equipment to include document preparation, storage and revision. Provides technical support to maintenance crews and project leaders; manages daily activities of these groups. Maintains machinery in specific functional areas according to manufacturer’s specifications. This should include, but not be limited an insurance of smooth flow of work, ideas, information, changes and requirements.
- Provides consistent and constructive feedback to employees by suggesting changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency at work. Ensures that quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are communicated, understood, and practiced.
- Trains, develops, and identifies employee training and resource needs. Involved in the hiring process for assigned employee work group. Maintains training records for employees. Develops and measures reliability and effectiveness of maintenance systems to ensure effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to proactively address issues that may potentially impact the quality of the production process or product, including working with safety committee by attending safety meetings, working on safety projects, completing safety surveys, and performing safety training to promote a safe work environment, appropriate employee behavior, and accident prevention.
- Leads or works on special projects. Oversees contractors on maintenance related jobs to assure all contract maintenance services are performed according to quality and safety standards and contractual agreement.
- Participate with Mohawk Way and Reports Daily/Weekly/Monthly activities related to PM Program execution, equipment uptime performance, maintenance personnel activities and budget status for all sections.
- Performs daily cleanliness inspections and weekly walk through in departments. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a 4 year Engineering Degree and 4+ years of progressively responsible job specific work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job within the functional area. Typically includes 2 or more year experience in a lead or senior capacity.
- Knowledge and skills required to perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and other basic mechanical and operating problems.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit/compensation plans, and administration guidelines.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems and all assigned machinery and related equipment.
- Ability to properly use standard and precision tools, equipment, and follow technical instructions. Knowledge of plant operating principles, procedures and safe work practices.
- Knowledge of job safety requirements, work planning, and troubleshooting.
- Well-developed verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with internal employees and external customers.
- Ability to reduce tension and conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards. Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Good human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group and achieve results through team efforts. Ability and desire to motivate, persuade, and direct the activities of other.
Back to top