REGIONAL BUILDER MANAGER - West Coast - California, Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sales Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk, there are always opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
The Regional Builder Manager provides regional direction and focus on national builders and large regional builders in assigned market to grow the overall exposure and sales in all product categories of Mohawk’s builder business in a consistent manner in the best overall interests of Mohawk. This position is the principal selling agent within an assigned region for the company to achieve the short and long term objectives established in the Company’s Business Plan. Objectives are achieved through the discovery of new customers and expanding existing markets in assigned region.
- Focus on specifying all product categories into the builder market.
- Make presentations & sales calls on regional builders and national builders who have divisions within assigned area.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the key purchasing personnel with the respective region’s leading builders.
- Communicate Mohawk product goals in each builder with the leading floor covering sub-contractors servicing this market in an effort to establish Mohawk as the vendor of choice.
- Responsible for communication with all regional builder specifiers, ensuring clear direction thru all support channels.
- Regional point person for all pilot programs that can be implemented.
- Responsible for market research and analysis for assigned region.
- Negotiate regional and national contracts.
- Travel to current customers and potential customers to make sales calls and provide information and support.
- Perform other duties as required.
Will supervise a team of Territory Managers and Builder Specifiers.
- 75% - 100% domestic travel via land and/or air.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales & marketing, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Working knowledge of the floor covering industry’s products, pricing, processes, and related production home/multifamily nuances.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Progressively responsible experience in planning, budgeting and sales management analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of expense control.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and communicate with others using appropriate styles and methods necessary to maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed, and accuracy in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues through solution-oriented projects.
- Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be an effective leader with a commitment to stimulating higher performance standards.
- Must be willing to relocate.
- Must be willing to travel.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top