PURCHASING ASSISTANT III
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
To place orders with external vendors for the purpose of re-sale under Mohawk name brand. Track orders, planning for order changes and priorities, and provide expeditor services. Work with internal and external contacts regarding problem solving on receiving issues, invoicing issues, international transport for e-ports, wire transfers and work with product managers for manufacturing concerns.
- Prioritize purchase orders that have customer orders attached to them, including allocation of available inventory at the Columbia / Unilin plants against planning needs based on warehouse inventory levels and/or customer back orders.
- Track status of orders with vendors, forwarders, brokers, US Customs and inland freight carriers via e-Ports and carrier’s web sites
- Monitor shipments for on-time delivery. Maintain approved price list with JDE price catalogs and Lotus Notes folders.
- Enter purchase orders for Columbia / Unilin products into SAP / Lotus for shipment. Process purchase orders and send to domestic and international vendors. Confirm that vendor-received orders agree with pricing and date they will be able to produce and ship our order.
- Resolve accounts payable workflow issues on invoicing and purchase order discrepancies.
- Enter Mohawk planning needs into SAP
- Other duties as assigned
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
High School diploma required
Five-plus years job specific experience .
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees and customers including management, internal, external and customers from other countries.
- Ability to coordinate diverse tasks requiring exceptional organizational skills.
- Good voice quality that is both conversational and professional.
- Ability to analyze problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed, and accuracy to meet deadlines.
Back to top