PURCHASING ASSISTANT II
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
- Provide pricing on Sample vendor Purchase Orders and enter into system.
- Enter material receipts into system as items arrive.
- Enter requisitions for supplies, packaging, labels and hardware as needed.
- Make price corrections within JD Edwards, to ensure Purchase Orders, WIP Components and Catalogs are up to date.
- Maintain lowest number of Workflow issues by working with staff and vendors on receiving errors and omissions and determine corrective action.
- Maintains and updates specific areas within JD Edwards systems.
- Maintain Supply Room, issue supplies, provide monthly cycle count and reports.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows established quality and safety standards.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Successful completion of on the job training programs.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- Required to use PC and other department specific systems.
- Reads and writes in standard English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as multiplication, division, addition
- Must be an effective team member.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with others in the immediate work unit and in related
- Ability to follow simple verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
EOE Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top