Plans, develops, and manages engineering projects from concept to completion.
- Prepares bid documents for contractors, prepares and maintains project schedules, supervises resources such as maintenance, engineering, and production personnel as well as contractors as needed on project installations.
- Manages project milestones to ensure schedule is met.
- Provides technical troubleshooting expertise to assist personnel with diagnosing and repairing equipment problems at installation and startup.
- Interfaces with IS regarding overlapping areas between Engineering and IS, such as software installation, remote machine administration by Engineering, and networking issues and projects.
- Performs hands-on start-up of new machinery, including I/O testing, safety and emergency stop testing, verification of correct PLC and HMI program operation, and diagnosis/repair/reporting of problems discovered with OEM supplied hardware.
- Works closely with personnel to identify, diagnose, and implement a permanent solution to equipment and process performance deficiencies as needed.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- PLC familiarity (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
- Servo and positioning drive systems understanding (Lenze, SEW, Siemens, etc.)
- Automation experience (conveyance, robotics, etc.)
- Robot familiarity (Motoman, Fanuc, Kuka.)
- 5 or more years of experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- 5 or more years of experience in project management.
- 5 or more years of experience in CAD engineering project design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and AutoCAD
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting (network settings analysis, basic Windows registry operations, and hardware troubleshooting and replacement).
- Self-starter who requires minimal direct supervision, and has a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication, analytical, interpersonal, customer service, leadership, time management, conflict management, problem solving, project management, math, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Project budgeting and expense tracking.
- Researching and compiling project justification and estimated payback time information.
- Ability to travel (up to 40%) between multiple facilities
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top