PROGRAMMER ANALYST II
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Programmer Analyst II professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performers to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Participates in the evaluation, customization, implementation, and support of purchased applications. Responsible for devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and business objective. Prepares detail specifications from which programs will be written; designs, codes, tests, debugs, and document programs. Works at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Participates in the evaluation, customization, implementation, and support of purchased applications. Design, code, test, install, and support significant enhancements to existing application systems and to small subsets of development projects or purchased applications. Provides on call support under the guidance of senior team member; troubleshoots and corrects straightforward and routine system problems/abends.
- Confers with users and/or IT colleagues to resolve questions on program intent, output, and input requirements; analyze work flow charts and other data and apply logic of computer capabilities, subject matter and symbolic logic in order to develop a sequence of program steps; prepares written instructions of program run procedures and documentation of all programs developed; analyzes, diagnose and investigate questions and problems and takes the necessary steps to develop, implement and document corrective action.
- Analyzes, reviews and rewrites existing application programs in order to increase operating efficiency and/or adapt to new requirements; gathers and analyzes information for developing and modifying systems, translates information into systems designs; prepares detail program specification, design conversion tasks and schedules. Translates specifications into a logical process that includes logical design, coding, testing, documentation, etc. Ensures adherence to and the application of IS established standards, procedures, tools, etc. in the maintenance of the all application programs and required documentation.
- Develop necessary program documentation including operational procedures in accordance with IS established standards, procedures and requirements. Ensure the maintenance of a library of historic and current programming activity for all systems and/or programs assigned. Develops the knowledge and experience required to understand and determine how supported applications interface/integrate with the rest of the application portfolio.
- May participate on IS project teams working with Systems Specialist and Business Process Specialist to quantify program/system requirements, develop and execute program test plans, and review test results. As a project team member, addresses systems analysis issues, performs assigned task with meticulous attention to detail, deadlines, and accuracy in support of project plan and schedules, provides realistic estimates of work and accurate and timely status reporting.
- paired with a junior team members assisting with development and training. Limited travel required and performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus
- 4 to 6 years demonstrated work experience in computer programming. Delphi required
- 2 to 4 years job specific systems analysis work experience, with an emphasis on manufacturing systems
- 2 to 4 years of experience integration/EDI systems
- Relational and multidimensional database design, and software package and/or systems implementation
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply a wide range of interpretive analysis tools, structured analysis and design techniques. Experience with RDBMSs, front end query tools
- Knowledge of advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations, and ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination if test reliability and validity, analysis variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis
- Good oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively interact with internal and external customer and team members
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas and the ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply to business needs
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top