PRODUCTION TRAINING SPECIALIST
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Production Training Specialist Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Production Training Specialist Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Position will provide classroom and job site instruction to new employees. This will include orientation to the plant environment, facility and safety. Will be responsible for job specific training and assimilation for new employees into the plant environs for one or more job classifications specific to a given site.
- Deliver plant orientation for new employees. This will include introduction to the plant environment, a tour of the facility, and explanation of standard company safety practices and procedures.
- Provide classroom instructional training for new employees, utilizing both written and video-based materials.
- Provide on-the-job-specific machine training instruction for new employees on the production floor in order to shorten the training cycles at the plant level. Assess new employee’s ability to acquire job knowledge and apply it.
- Assist in developing training programs or methods of training, prepare updates to current programs, and revise instructional material documents based on current requirements and training on safety, job duties, etc. Publicize these documents as deemed necessary to new employees.
- Audit system and safety practices on the floor. Keep records of issues identified and report to Management for review.
- Gathers information and works with management on solutions involving training issues.
- Maintains records of training activities.
- Perform other duties as required by management
Education/ Knowledge/ Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required; some college preferred.
- At least five years prior work in manufacturing environment and on production machines
- Good oral, written, presentation, interpersonal communication, and team facilitation skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees including management and internal and external customers.
- Ability to instruct on machine operations
- Ability to present information accurately and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to anticipate problem areas and implement effective solutions before problems occurs.
- Working knowledge of safety disciplines, Company specific safety policies and procedures, and common industrial safety practices.
- Proficient using a PC to include Microsoft Office Suite and other department specific hardware, software, and equipment.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Candidates meeting all qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
** The interviews will consist of a structured interview followed by the finalist(s) creating and presenting a 10 minute instructional PowerPoint presentation on anysubject ( to be presented on the following day).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top